Tagged: Recovery day 1
January 17, 2018 at 2:11 pm #5891
Day one. Total remorse. Self hate. Broke. Sad. I hope day 2 is better.
January 12, 2018 at 3:37 pm #5883
from my experience, if you go one time to casino its problem its big thing this place is bad its hell on earth.
October 15, 2017 at 5:22 am #5338
I am a 52 yr old female. I like to go to the casino on the weekend. Spend an average 100. Sometimes a little more. We have nothing in our savings and living paycheck to paycheck. I ask my kids which are now grown if they think I have a problem. They tell me no it is just my way of relieving stress. My hubby always complains when I go. I don’t know if things are getting out of hand or not and just need some advice. Thanks for taking time to read my post. Any and all comments are welcome.
October 16, 2017 at 2:18 pm #5344
Thanks for sharing your story. I admire your honesty in sharing your story. I can relate to you very much. I am looking for support and have only one GA meeting in my area. I don’t go to that meeting as I work during it. I’m wondering if you or anyone does group chats? I had a sponsor but she is gambling again after several years and I would love to be able to chat with folks for daily support.
October 16, 2017 at 11:34 am #5343
Welcome to Gamtalk.
I have included the 20 Questions from the Gamblers Anonymous literature for you to answer.
My first time at GA I only answered yes to 5 questions as I was in denial and went back out for another 3 years and nearly lost everything including my life. Today I answer yes to all 20.
How can you tell if you are a compulsive gambler?
1. Did you lose time from work or school due to gambling?
2. Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
3. Did gambling affect your reputation?
4. Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
5. Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
6. Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
7. After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
8. After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
9. Did you often gamble until your last dollar was gone?
10. Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
11. Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
12. Were you reluctant to use “gambling money” for normal expenditures?
13. Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
14. Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
15. Have you ever gambled to escape worry, trouble, boredom or loneliness?
16. Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
17. Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
18. Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
19. Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
20. Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
Most compulsive gamblers will answer yes to at least seven of these questions
September 8, 2017 at 9:24 pm #5232
43 year old female here. Always enjoyed casinos on occasion. 8 months ago, a casino opened in my town,5 minutes from my home. At first I would go on occasion. the past 4 months, it has been out of control. Losing hundreds of dollars daily, borrowing from credit cards, just a mess. It got to the point where nothing was enjoyable if I was not at casino. Winning meant nothing because it was never enough. Today, I decided to self exclude myself from all New York State ( my state) casinos. Someone here suggest I attend a GA meeting.
September 29, 2017 at 9:48 pm #5313
I’m a 44 yr old female and a casino opened about 25 min from my house a few yrs ago. My frequency progressed & now I go almost daily! I don’t even work right now & can’t afford it. I borrow money & do cash advance off my credit card too. You sound like me. I feel like all I want to do is gamble at the casino or sleep. Sometimes I get irritable if I can’t go but then if I do go & lose, then I leave down, and that’s almost always. If I win, I gjve it back then blow more! I’ll blow my last penny! I excluded myself a few yrs ago but then I drove 1 1/2 hrs away to a dif casino once or twice a week. Argh. I hope it works out for you!
September 9, 2017 at 10:41 am #5235
Hope you will keep coming back. And as someone suggest find a GA room and if you can some counselling.
Here is a link to help in your state and if you are interested send me an email and I will add you to
a couple of daily recovery messages I send out each morning.
Ken L YBIR
August 23, 2017 at 2:05 pm #5183
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.